See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Horningtoft is about 5 miles S. of Fakenham.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Mid-Norfolk Family History Society
- The Church of St Edmund the Martyr, Horningtoft: Memorial
[Mid-Norfolk Family History Society, before 2000]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Brisley, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Edmund the Martyr.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Edmund
- Description, history and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Horningtoft Marriages 1539-1837
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 8.
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
- Parish Registers
- List of Surnames of People who come from other Parishes
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Horningtoft was in
Mitford and Launditch Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Horningtoft Village Pages
- Local information, description, parish council, pictures, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Horningtoft is in Launditch Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Launditch Hundred
- Description of Launditch Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of Claims: Wysingsett, otherwise Whissonsett,
Stanfield and Horningtoft.
[Names of People in the Statement of Claims]
- Great Britain: Parliamentary Bill
- A Bill for Inclosing Lands in the Parishes of Whissonsett,
Stanfield, and Horningtoft, in the county of Norfolk:
21 Feb 1812.
[London, Luke Hansard and Sons, 1812]
- Great Britain: Statute
- Whissonsett, Stanfield and Horningtoft Inclosure Act, 1812.
An act for inclosing lands in the parishes of Wysingset
otherwise Whissonsett, Stanfield, and Horningtoft, in the
county of Norfolk: 9th June 1812.
[London, George Eyre and Andrew Strahan, 1812]
[London, G. White, 1812]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- Horningtoft Heritage Society
- Aims, projects, etc.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.