Norfolk: General Books about the Polls, Elections and Acts
Entries are followed by the publishing information where known :
Author, compiler or publisher.
Title or description
- Gibson, Jeremy. S. W. & Rogers, Colin
- Poll books c1696-1872: a directory to holdings in Great
[Birmingham: Federation of Family History Societies, 4th ed.
ISBN 1-906280-09-3, 2008]
- Sims, John (Editor)
- A Handlist of British parliamentary poll books.
[University of Leicester, History Department,
Occcasional publication; no.4 1984]
- McCalmont, Frederick Haynes
- The parliamentary poll book of all elections from the
passing of the first Reform Act in 1832 to July, 1880: with
an alphabetical list of all candidates within that period
2nd ed. revised and greatly enlarged
[London: Edward Stanford, 1880]
- W.A. Holdsworth
- New Reform Act comprising the Representation of the People
Act, 1884 (or Franchise Act) the Redistribution of Seats
Act, 1885 and the Elections (Hours of Poll) Act, 1885:
together with an introduction containing a complete
description of the various franchises with notes and index.
[London: Ward, Lock, 1885]
See also the main Voting page
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Mike Bristow.