Norfolk: Great Yarmouth
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Texts for Yarmouth often include information about Gorleston, Southtown
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.
- Young, Rachel Mary Ransford
- Treasures of the Yarmouth museums.
[Great Yarmouth, Norfolk Museum Service, 1976]
- Fewster, Mary Innes
- The Yarmouth herring industry 1880-1960. (Vol.1: Text;
[Norwich, University of East Anglia Thesis, 1985]
- Lewis, Charles
- Pierhead paintings: ship portraits from East Anglia.
[Norwich, Norfolk Museums Service, c1982]
- Murphy, John Desmond
- The town and trade of Great Yarmouth, 1740-1850.
[Norwich, University of East Anglia Thesis, 1979]
- Finch-Crisp, William
- Chronological retrospect of the history of Yarmouth and
neighbourhood from A.D. 46 to 1884: containing about 5,000
important local events.
[Great Yarmouth, 1884]
Finch-Crisp's Chronology is online.
- McBride, John
- A Diary of Great Yarmouth.
3000 chronological facts, with over 4,600 indexed entries by
[ISBN 0952071908, 1998]
- Norfolk Record Office: Information Leaflet 20
- Key Dates in the History of Great Yarmouth.
- Park (and Tabernacle) Baptist Church
- Pictures, history, ministers, etc.
This is a link to an archived copy.
- (No author)
- Chronicles of the old Congregational Church at Great
[Great Yarmouth, 1908]
- Minster Church of St Nicholas
- Pictures, history, etc.
- Lupson, Edward John
- St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth: its history, organ,
pulpit, library etc.
[Yarmouth, Lupson, 1881]
- Christchurch Methodist Church, Newtown
- Picture, services, address, etc.
- Watmough, A.
- A history of Methodism in the town and neighbourhood of
Great Yarmouth: including biographical sketches of some of
the leading characters who have been among the Methodists
at that place.
[London, John Kershaw, 1826]
- "Old Meeting" Unitarian Church
- Picture, description, minister, etc.
Description and Travel
- Description and Travel
- Web Sites
- Jewson, Charles Boardman
- Transcript of three registers of passengers from Great
Yarmouth to Holland and New England, 1637 to 1639.
[Norwich, Norfolk Record Society Vol 25, 1954]
- Jewish Cemeteries in Yarmouth
- International Jewish Cemetery Project
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- The Hutch Map
- This is a 16th century map showing the possible state of the
estuary at Yarmouth, in about the year 1000.
- Faden's Map of 1797
- This shows a plan of Yarmouth, with the rows and the town walls.
- Maps of 1997
- These show the streets of Yarmouth, with their names.
- Norfolk Record Office: Information Leaflet 25
- Old Yarmouth in Maps and Plans
- Palmer, Frederick Danby
- Yarmouth notes, 1830-1872: collated from the file of the
[Great Yarmouth: Buckle, 1889]
- Rutledge, Paul
- A calendar of Great Yarmouth enrolled apprenticeship
[Norwich: Norfolk & Norwich Genealogical Society Vol 11, 1979]
- Gauci, Perry
- Politics and Society in Great Yarmouth, 1660-1722.
[ISBN: 0198206054, Oxford Historical Monographs, 1996]
- Whitehead, John Benson
- The history of the Great Yarmouth Grammar School 1551-1951:
with some account of the town.
[Great Yarmouth, 1951]
- Gt Yarmouth and District Archaeological Society
- List of Articles in Yarmouth Archaeology from 1979
- Great Yarmouth Corporation
- Handlist of the archives of date before 1835 preserved in
the Town Clerk's Department.
[London: Historical Manuscripts Commission for the National
Register of Archives, 1965]
- Great Yarmouth Corporation
- A report of the investigation before His Majesty's municipal
commissioners, J.G. Hogg and J. Buckle, esqrs., barristers at
law, appointed to examine into, and report on the corporate
affairs of this borough; compiled by Henry Barrett.
[London, Barnes; Norwich: Bacon & Kinnebrook, 1834]
- A Calendar of the freemen of Great Yarmouth, 1429-1800:
compiled from the records of the Corporation of that Borough.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society, 1910]
- Rutledge, Paul (Ed)
- Great Yarmouth Assembly minutes, 1538-1545;
(with the Norwich accounts for the customs on strangers' goods
and merchandise, 1582-1610, edited by D.L. Richwood).
[Norwich, Norfolk Record Society, vol 39, 1970]
- Rutledge, Paul
- Guide to the Great Yarmouth borough records.
[ISBN 090310301X, Norwich: Norfolk & Norwich Record Office, 1972]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
- Voting Registers - Poll Books, Election Registers, etc.