Norfolk: West Wretham
For more information about this parish see
Norfolk Parish Links.
Search for more references to this parish - See
Contents & Search above.
Modern and Historical Maps of this Parish.
West Wretham is about 6 miles N.E. of Thetford.
See also East Wretham.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Rockland, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Lawrence, but it has been in
ruins since before 1845.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), West Wretham was in
Thetford Registration District.
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- East and West Wretham
- News, events, parish council, pictures, etc.
- Raker, Melinda
- Wretham: 900 years of a Norfolk estate.
[Boughtons Printers, 1995]
West Wretham is in Shropham hundred.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Thetford Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
- Roll of Honour for East and West Wretham
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.