See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Wreningham is about 8 miles S.W. of Norwich.
The name may also be spelled Wrenningham.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Humbleyard, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of All Saints
- Description and pictures.
- Church of All Saints
- Services, location, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Wreningham was in
Henstead Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Description, church, parish council, pictures, etc.
- Wreningham Post Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Wreningham is in Humbleyard Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Humbleyard Hundred
- Description of Humbleyard Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Day, Basil K.
- Past Days in Wreningham, Norfolk: A record of Wreningham families
[ISBN 0953028607, Dereham, 1997]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Wreningham Inclosure Act, 1777.
An act for dividing, allotting, and inclosing the commons and
waste lands within the parish of Wreningham in the county of
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
|1861|| 91|| --||437|
|1891|| 91|| 91||435|
|1901|| 84|| 86||376|
|1911|| --|| 90||360|
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.