See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Worstead is about 7 miles E. of Aylsham.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Waxham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Mary
- Description and pictures.
- Church of St Mary
- Picture of the church.
- Long, Anthony
- Worstead Church (St Mary), Norfolk.
[Worstead, The Church, 1970s]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
They are not included in Phillimore's Marriage Registers.
- Parish Registers
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1869 (and for the censuses in 1851 and 1861), Worstead was in
Tunstead and Happing Registration District.
This district was renamed on 1st January 1870 and, from then until 1930,
Worstead was in
Smallburgh Registration District
for civil registration and for the censuses of 1871 to 1901.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Worstead Parish Council
- Description, history, events, parish council, etc.
- Briggate Mill at Worstead
- Description, history and pictures.
- Worstead Railway Station
- Pictures of the station.
- Rendall, Ian (editor)
- Worstead Woven, a Village Compendium.
[Worstead, Worstead Festival, 2000]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Worstead is in Tunstead Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Tunstead Hundred
- Description of Tunstead Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Worstead Enclosure Act, 1821.
An act for dividing and allotting lands in the parish of Worstead,
in the county of Norfolk.
[George Eyre and Andrew Strahan, 1821]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
- Allison, Keith John
- The Wool Supply and the Worsted Cloth Industry in Norfolk in the
sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
[University of Leeds Dissertation, 1955]
- Lipson, Ephraim
- The History of the Woollen and Worsted Industries.
[The Histories of English Industries, London, A. and C. Black, 1921]
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.