WOOTTON (NORTH) is a small village, overlooking the Wash, 3½ miles N. of Lynn. Its parish has 210 inhabitants, and about 1,535 acres of land, of which 150A. are rich salt-marsh, 280A. heath, and 40A. woodland. Mrs. and the Hon. F.G. Howard, own the manor, and are patrons of the CHURCH, (All Saints,) - this and the other Wootton being in the peculiar jurisdiction of the borough of Castle-Rising.
The church was repaired in 1834, at the cost of £300, except the tower, which is in ruins, only two of its walls remaining. The vicarage, valued in the King's Book at £10, and in 1831 at £180, is enjoyed by the Rev. Wm. Willcox Clarke, M.A.
The other principal residents are
Gay Thos. farmer Naylor James beer house Pung Thos. farmer Rolfe John shoemaker & parish clerk Royston Wm. farmerNote: the format of the directory has been changed.
Copyright © Pat Newby.