Norfolk: Wood Norton
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Wood Norton is about 12 miles W. of Aylsham.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Sparham, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Howell, Shirley W.; and Howell, Keith M.
- Transcript and Index to Wood Norton Parish Registers.
[Typescript in Norwich Local Studies Library, 2000]
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Wood Norton was in
Aylsham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Wood Norton is in Eynsford Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Eynsford Hundred
- Description of Eynsford Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- See Hindolveston
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- After 1834 Wood Norton became part of the
and the workhouses were at
These were replaced by a new workhouse at
Aylsham in 1849.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.