Norfolk: Wood Norton
For more information about this parish see
Norfolk Parish Links.
Search for more references to this parish - See
Contents & Search above.
Modern and Historical Maps of this Parish.
Wood Norton is about 12 miles W. of Aylsham.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- The parish is in the deanery of Sparham, in the archdeaconry of
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Howell, Shirley W. and Howell, Keith M.
- Transcript and Index to Wood Norton Parish Registers.
[Typescript in Norwich Local Studies Library, 2000]
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Wood Norton
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Wood Norton is in Eynsford hundred.
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- See Hindolveston
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Aylsham Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- After 1834 Wood Norton became part of the
and the workhouses were at
These were replaced by a new workhouse at
Aylsham in 1849.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.