See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Wiveton is about 4 miles N.W. of Holt, in the Glaven Valley.
The name may also be found as Wiverton.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- The Monumental Inscriptions in the Hundred of Holt (Walter Rye).
- The parishes covered include Wiveton.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- The parish is in the deanery of Holt, in the archdeaconry of
- The parish church is dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of the Virgin Mary
- Description and pictures.
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- No author
- Blakeney Langham Morston Cley Wiveton: Festival year 1951.
(Festival of Britain 1951)
[ISBN 0951832816, 1951?]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Wiveton is in Holt hundred.
- Hooton, Jonathan
- The Glaven ports: a maritime history of Blakeney, Cley and
Wiveton in north Norfolk.
[ISBN 0951832816, Blakeney, Blakeney History Group, 1996]
- Mellor, Derick
- The Glaven Valley: Historical Jottings.
[Cromer, Cheverton and Son, 1989]
- Mellor, Derick
- The Glaven Valley: Further Historical Jottings.
(Compiled by Marjorie Missen).
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- See Blakeney
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.