Norfolk: Witton (near North Walsham)
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Witton is about 11 miles S.E. of Cromer.
See also Witton (near Blofield).
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- The parish is in the deanery of Waxham, in the archdeaconry of
- The parish church is dedicated to St Margaret.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Minns, G.W.W.
- Notice of Mural Paintings at Witton (St Margaret's Church,
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society,
in "Norfolk Archaeology", vol.6, 1864]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Archdeacon's Transcripts or Bishop's Transcripts
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Witton Post Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Witton is in Tunstead hundred.
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- See Bacton
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Tunstead and Happing Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.