Norfolk: Witton (near Blofield)
For more information about this parish see
Norfolk Parish Links.
Search for more references to this parish - See
Contents & Search above.
Modern and Historical Maps of this Parish.
Witton is about 5 miles east of Norwich.
It is also called Witton by Blofield.
See also Witton (near North Walsham).
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- The parish is in the deanery of Blofield, in the archdeaconry of
- The parish church is dedicated to St Margaret.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Witton by Blofield Marriages 1582-1812
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 1.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Witton is in Blofield hundred.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Blofield Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
|1801|| 9||13|| 68|
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.