WITCHINGHAM (LITTLE), 2½ miles S.S.E. of Reepham, is a parish in St. Faith's union, Aylsham county court district, Norwich bankruptcy court district, Eynsford hundred and petty sessional division, Reepham polling district of North Norfolk, Sparham rural deanery, and Norwich archdeaconry.
It had 41 inhabitants in 1881, living on 738 acres, and has a rateable value of £1155. The parish belongs to Viscount Canterbury and Norman's Charity School, Norwich. Mr. Ray resides at the Hall, and farms the whole parish.
The CHURCH (St. Faith) is an ancient building with a square tower; and the rectory, valued in the King's Book at £4 7s. 11d., is consolidated with the vicarage of Great Witchingham. The tithes were commuted in 1844 for £238 14s. 3d. per annum.
POST from Norwich. Reepham is the nearest Money Order Office.
Copyright © Pat Newby.