WITCHINGHAM, (LITTLE,) 2½ miles S.S.E. of Reepham, is a parish containing only 45 souls, and 730 acres of land, in two estates, viz., the Hall, occupied by its owner, Wm. Howard, Esq., and a farm, belonging to Norman's Charity School in Norwich, (see p. 128,) and occupied by Mr. Henry Thorne.
The Church (St. Faith,) is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at £4. 7s. 11d., and consolidated with the vicarage of Great Witchingham. The tithes were commuted, in 1844, for £ 236 per annum.
Copyright © Pat Newby.