LENWADE is a parish, on the river Wensum, over which there is a bridge of three arches, with a station on the Midland and Great Northern joint railway, 1 mile south of the church, 10 miles north-west from Norwich and 10 miles south from Aylsham, in the Eastern division of the county, Eynsford hundred and petty sessional division, St. Faith's rural district and Norwich county court district. A new bridge was erected over the Wensum by the Norfolk County Council in 1928.
All Saints' Mission church, erected in 1888, in connection with St. Mary's, Great Witchingham, at a cost of £600, is an edifice of red brick and will seat 120 persons.
Here is a Methodist chapel, erected in 1905, at a cost of £320.
Letters through Norwich. Great Witchingham nearest M.O. & T. office.
Railway Station (M & G.N. Joint)
Amphlett-Moss Miss Comer Mrs. Wensum house Frazer-Allen Mrs. Mill house Sayer Miss The Cottage Sayer Robert F. White house Tate Lt.-Col. A.W., D.S.O. Lenwade house
Arthurton Eustace harness mkr Baker Gerald wheelwright Chapman E. & Son bakers Childerstone Rd. blacksmith Earl Jas. tinsmith Freeston Wm. coal mer. Railway stn George Walter farmer, Bridge farm & representative for The English Beet Sugar Corporation Ltd. T N Gt. Witchingham 42 Graves Kate (Miss) tea rooms & board residence, West Dene Howard Chas. Horace (exors. of) butchers. T N Gt. Witchingham 39 Hubbard W. & Sons builders & contractors, undertakers, house decorators &c Lock Edwd. A. Bridge inn Pearce Wm. King's Head P.H. Richmond Albt. cycle agt. & dlr Rowlands Herbt. Jn. motor car garage Sayer Bros. millers (water & steam), corn & flour merchants & poultry food manufacturers, Lenwade flour mills. T N Gt. Witchingham 27 Swoish Harry G. hairdrssr Warnes Anna (Miss) [district] nurse, 6 Council housesWitchingham Approved Friendly Society (H. Andrews, sec.), Gothic ho
Copyright © Pat Newby.