WITCHINGHAM (GREAT)-cum-LENWADE, a village 10 miles N.W. of Norwich, and 3½ miles S. of Reepham. The parish comprises an area of 2153 acres, and the population, in 1841, was 624. Post-Office at Benjamin Howlett's. Letters delivered at 10 a.m. and despatched to Norwich and all parts, via Reepham, at 3.35 p.m.
Barrett Robert miller Boyce Barrington blacksmith Breese Matthew saddler Brigham Elizabeth baker Brigham Henry grocery dealer Dunt John builder Dutt Henry miller Elliott John tailor Elliott Thomas carrier Filby Hannah milliner Howard Rev. William Howlett Benjamin shoemaker & grocery dealer Hubbard Richard thatcher Large John butcher Leeds Mrs. Mary Osborn Fanny National school Palmer George grocery dealer and blacksmith Siggens Benjamin grocery dealer Spooner Robert tailor Thomas Thomas bricklayer Tompson Charles Kett & Henry K. Esqrs. Witchingham Hall Thurling James 'Bridge Inn' Verdon John auctioneer, agent to the Norwich Equitable fire office Waters Robert wheelwright & gig maker Williamson John beer retailer Farmers. Dann John Ebbetts John Knights Henry Leeds Stephen Plane WilliamCARRIER to Norwich, Elliott, Mon. Tues. Fri. & Sat. 7 morn.; several other carriers pass through, on their route to Norwich, Fakenham, &c. &c. three times a week.
Copyright © Pat Newby.