See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Wickhampton is about 8 miles W. of Great Yarmouth.
See also Wicklewood.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Blofield, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Andrew.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Manning, Charles Robertson
- Wickhampton Church: St Andrew.
[Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society,
In "Norfolk Archaeology", vol.7, 1872]
- Wall Paintings in the Church of St Andrew:
- St. Christopher
The Three Living and The Three Dead
The Seven Works of Mercy
See Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Wickhampton was in
Blofield Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Wickhampton is in Walsham Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Walsham Hundred
- Description of Walsham Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Wickhampton Inclosure Act, 1811.
An act for inclosing lands in the parish of Wickhampton, in
the county of Norfolk.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.