Norfolk: North Walsham
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
North Walsham is about 6 miles E.N.E. of Aylsham.
See also South Walsham.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Waxham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Nicholas.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Page, Cecil Herbert Winter
- The story of St Nicholas' Church (formerly dedicated to
the Blessed Virgin Mary) North Walsham, Norfolk.
[North Walsham, Rounce and Wortley, 1947]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1884 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1881), North Walsham was in
Erpingham Registration District.
In 1884 it was transferred to
Smallburgh Registration District
for civil registration until 1930, and for the censuses of 1891 and 1901.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- (No author)
- Official guide to North Walsham.
[North Walsham and District Chamber of Trade and Commerce, 1959]
- Storey, Neil
- North Walsham and District in old photographs.
[ISBN 0750909374, Stroud, Alan Sutton, 1995]
- Storey, Neil
- North Walsham and District in old photographs: A Second Selection.
[Sutton Publishing, 1998?]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
North Walsham is in Tunstead Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Tunstead Hundred
- Description of Tunstead Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Barringer, J.C. (Editor)
- North Walsham in the eighteenth century.
[North Walsham, North Walsham Branch of the WEA, 1983]
- Joby, R.S.
- North Walsham and Dilham Canal.
[Norwich, Kofron, 1977]
- Rothery, Constance
- The Poppyland Flyer: the story of the railway line from
Cromer to North Walsham, 1906-1953: calling at: Cromer
Links - Overstrand - Sidestrand Halt -Trimmingham and
Paston and Knapton - Mundesley.
[Norfolk, Trimmingham, 1984]
- Warren, Pam (Ed)
- North Walsham in the nineteenth century (1820-1901).
[ISBN 0950934313, North Walsham Branch of the WEA, 1993]
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- Forder, Charles
- A history of the Paston School, North Walsham, Norfolk.
[North Walsham, The Governors of Paston School, 1980]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.