[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
WACTON, a village 11 miles S. by W. of Norwich, and 1 ½ miles S.W. of Long Stratton. The parish comprises 1048 acres, and contained, in 1841, 267 inhabitants; its present residents are:-
Alderton Matthew shoemaker Bishop William nurseryman Buxton John 'Duke's Head' Dade William blacksmith Howe John miller Smith Christopher carpenter Farmers. Alexander Richard Coleby Margaret Harvey Cooke - Delf William Fuller Thomas Holmes Coleby
See also the Wacton parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.