See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Wacton is about 8 miles N.N.E. of Diss.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Depwade, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of All Saints
- Description and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Wacton was in
Depwade Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Wacton is in Depwade Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Depwade Hundred
- Description of Depwade Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Fenner, Alayne
- Looking back at Wacton.
In East Anglian Studies: Essays presented to
J.C. Barringer on his retirement; edited
by Adam Longcroft and Richard Joby.
[Norwich, Marwood Publishing, 1995]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Kelly, Geoffrey
- Wacton Hall: a history.
[Unpublished typescript in Norwich Library (Norfolk Studies), 1988]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Long Stratton and Wacton Village Magazine, 1980-1998.
[Bound copies in Norwich Library (Norfolk Studies)]
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.