See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Upwell was formerly in both Cambridgeshire and Norfolk. See also the
Genuki/Cambridgeshire Upwell page.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Fincham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Peter.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Peter
- Description of the bells and picture of the church.
- Methodist Church
- Minister, services, picture, etc.
Follow the link to the home page, then search for the church.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Upwell was in
Wisbech Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Upwell is in Clackclose Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Clackclose Hundred
- Description of Clackclose Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Jeans, Richard
- Upwell: History of a Fenland Village.
[ISBN 0951291106, Elspeth Press, 1987]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- See Welney
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour for World Wars 1 and 2
- Names, ages, families, dates of death, etc.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.