Norfolk: West Tofts
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
West Tofts is about 7 miles N.N.W. of Thetford.
See also Bircham Tofts
and Buckenham Tofts.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Cranwich, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Mary
- Description and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Farrow, C.W.
- West Tofts with Buckenham Tofts: Church of England Parish
Registers 1705-1837; transcribed and indexed.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Genealogical Society, 1987]
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
- Archdeacon's Transcripts or Bishop's Transcripts
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), West Tofts was in
Thetford Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
West Tofts is in Grimshoe Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Grimshoe Hundred
- Description of Grimshoe Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.