See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Titchwell is about 6 miles north east of Hunstanton.
It is well known for the RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds)
reserve which is nearby.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Heacham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Mary the Virgin.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Mary the Virgin
- Description, history and pictures.
- Linnell, Charles L.S.
- The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Titchwell.
[Titchwell Parochial Church Council, 1983]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
See Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Titchwell is in Smithdon Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Smithdon Hundred
- Description of Smithdon Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Titchwell Inclosure Act, 1786.
An act for dividing and inclosing the open fields, meadows,
pastures and other commonable lands and grounds within the
parish of Tichwell, in the county of Norfolk.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.