THREXTON, a small parish, 2½ miles W. of Watton, has only 19 souls, and about 1050 acres of land. About 400 acres belong to Sir F. L. H. Goodricke, Bart., and are occupied by Ellis Palmer, and the rest belongs to Thomas Barton, Esq., who resides here, and is lord of the manor. Several Roman coins have been found here.
The Church is a small antique fabric, in a romantic dell, and the rectory, valued in the King's Book at £7.4s.9d., is annexed to Swaffham vicarage.
Copyright © Pat Newby.