Norfolk: Thorpe next Haddiscoe
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Thorpe next Haddiscoe is about 8 miles S.W. of Great Yarmouth.
The name may also be found as Haddiscoe Thorpe and
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Brooke, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Matthias.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Matthias
- Description and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Thorpe next Haddiscoe
Loddon and Clavering Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Thorpe next Haddiscoe is in Clavering Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Clavering Hundred
- Description of Clavering Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain. Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of claims: Thurlton, Haddiscoe and Thorpe next
Drawn up in pursuance of the Act of Inclosure, 1809.
- Great Britain: Statute.
- Thurlton, Haddiscoe and Thorpe next Haddiscoe Inclosure
An act for inclosing and draining lands in the
parishes of Thurlton, Haddiscoe, and Thorpe next Haddiscoe,
in the county of Norfolk: 12th May 1809.
[London, George Eyre and Andrew Strahan, 1809]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.