See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Thornham is about 5 miles north east of Hunstanton.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Heacham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- All Saints Church, Thornham
- Description, history and pictures.
- Butler-Stoney, Richard
- Thornham Church: the Church of All Saints.
- Linnell, Charles Lawrence Scruton
- All Saint's Church, Thornham.
[London, Home Words, 1962]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
See Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Thornham is in Smithdon Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Smithdon Hundred
- Description of Smithdon Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Bett, Pleasance M.A. and Franklin, F.S.
- Thornham and its story.
[Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk Central Printers, 1989]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Thornham Inclosure Act, 1794.
An act for dividing, allotting, exchanging and inclosing the
whole-year lands, open field lands, commonable marshes,
commons and waste lands within the parish of Thornham in the
county of Norfolk.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.