Norfolk: Terrington St John
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Terrington St John is about 7 miles S.W. of King's Lynn.
See also Terrington St Clement.
- The Fen and Marshland Churches
- This includes Terrington St John.
- Church of St John
- Description and pictures.
- Church of St John
- Description of the bells and picture of the church.
- Methodist Church
- Minister, services, picture, etc.
Follow the link to the home page, then search for the church.
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
- Archdeacon's Transcripts
- Greer, Sandy; Greer, Sally and Simon, Val
- Terrington St John Church of England Parish Registers
(christenings, marriages and burials).
[Vol 1, 1538-1600, ISBN 0948147016, Seagull Enterprises, 1985]
[Vol 2, 1601-1650, ISBN 0948147024, Seagull Enterprises, 1987]
[Vol 3, 1651-1700, ISBN 0948147059, Seagull Enterprises, 1988]
[Vol 4, 1701-1750, ISBN 0948147067, Seagull Enterprises, 1991]
- Terrington St John people in Tilney All Saints and Tilney
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Terrington St John
Wisbech Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
- Terrington St John Appraisal Committee
- Terrington St John: An appraisal of a Fenland Village, 1997-98.
[Terrington St John Appraisal Committee, 1997]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Terrington St John is in Freebridge Marshland hundred.
Land and Property
- Statement of Claims and Enclosure
- See Walpole St Peter
and Terrington St Clement.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- After 1834 Terrington St John became part of the
and the workhouse was at
Wisbech in Cambridgeshire.
- Greer, A.W. and Simon, V.
- Education in Terrington St John.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.