William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845
TATTERSETT, or GATESEND parish, on the banks of the Tat rivulet 6 miles
W. of Fakenham, has 160 inhabitants, and 1,757 acres
of land, belonging to Sir Chas. Chad, Bart., who occasionally
resides here at Pinkney Hall, an ancient mansion, formerly a seat
of the Drurys, but his chief seat is Thursford Hall. He is lord of the
manor, and patron of the rectory, valued in the King's Book at
£6 6s. 8d., and in 1831 at £685, with that of Tatterford annexed to it,
in the incumbency of the Hon. and Rev. A. A. Turnour. The Church
(All Saints,) is a small fabric with a tower.
The poor have two cottages left by Diana Drury, and repaired by Sir Chas.
Chad. They have £2 12s. a year, left by John Tinkler in 1713; and the
interest of £50 left by Samuel Nutt, in 1762.
Bridges John blacksmith
Ellison John shopkeeper
Phillippo Chas. beer seller
Waller Henry wheelwright
See also the Tattersett parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.