Norfolk: Swanton Morley
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
Mid-Norfolk Family History Society
The Parish of Swanton Morley, Norfolk: Indexes from the
Census Returns, 1841-1891.
[Mid-Norfolk Family History Society, 1994]
- 1891: Surname List
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Brisley, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Usher, Robert Neave
- Swanton Morley Church (All Saints): its history and interest
as an example of a fine 14th century church: with special
reference to the connection of the church with the
ancestors of Abraham Lincoln.
[Norwich, Soman-Wherry, 1945]
- Swanton Morley Methodist Chapel
- Swanton Morley Methodist Chapel, 1868-1968: centenary booklet,
containing brief historical notes and a programme of services and
[Swanton Morley, The Church, 1968]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Mid-Norfolk Family History Society
- The Parish Registers of All Saints' Church, Swanton Morley.
- Baptisms: 1784-1837, 1838-1891.
- Marriages: 1755-1837 (incl. Banns 1782-1823), 1837-1891.
- Burials: 1784-1837, 1838-1891, 1892-1988.
[Mid-Norfolk Family History Society, 7 volumes, c1993]
- Parish Register Transcripts
- Bishops Transcripts
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Swanton Morley was in
Mitford and Launditch Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Swanton Morley is in Launditch Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Launditch Hundred
- Description of Launditch Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Pulling, M
- A History of Swanton Morley.
[The Author, 1969]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Swanton Morley and Worthing Inclosure Act, 1755.
An act for dividing and inclosing the common fields and
certain lands lying dispersed in the half year closes
belonging to the manor of Swanton with Worthing, within the
parishes of Swanton Morley and Worthing in the county of
Norfolk, and for extinguishing the several rights of common
and sheep walk over the said fields and half year closes, and
over certain lands called the brecks, lying within the said
manor and parishes.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
- Bowman, Martin W.
- Low level from Swanton: the history of RAF Swanton Morley
airfield from World War Two to the present day.
[ISBN 187118729X, Walton-on-Thames: Air Research, 1995]
- Pope, Stephen
- Swanton Morley (Airfield focus: 9).
[ISBN 1870384229, Peterborough, GMS Enterprises, 1993]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- See Norfolk People and Families
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
Social Life and Customs
- Rayner, Daisy (edited by Susan Palmer)
- Our knickers were interesting: a Norfolk village childhood.
(Early 20th century in Swanton Morley).
[ISBN 0951541609, Dereham, c1989]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.