See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Strumpshaw is about 7 miles E. of Norwich.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Blofield, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Peter.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Peter
- Services, description, history, picture, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Parish Register Transcripts
- Baptisms 1813-1880
- Marriages 1562-1812
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 1.
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Strumpshaw was in
Blofield Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Strumpshaw, Buckenham and Hassingham
- Description and pictures.
- Peart, Stephen
- Strumpshaw, a village at that time of day.
- Strumpshaw Smock Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
- Strumpshaw Steam Museum
- Description, events, pictures, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Strumpshaw is in Blofield Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Blofield Hundred
- Description of Blofield Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.