Norfolk: Stokesby with Herringby
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Stokesby with Herringby is about 6 miles west north west of Great
Yarmouth, near Acle.
It may also be found as Stokesby with Herringsby and
Stokesby cum Herringby.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Inscriptions in the churchyard of Stokesby.
- See Swafield
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- The parish is in the deanery of Flegg, in the archdeaconry of
- The parish church is dedicated to St Andrew.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Stokesby with Herringby Marriages 1560-1812
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 5.
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Stokesby Tower Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Stokesby with Herringby is in East Flegg hundred.
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Flegg Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.