Norfolk: Stoke Holy Cross
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Stoke Holy Cross is about 5 miles south of Norwich.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- The parish is in the deanery of Brooke, in the archdeaconry of
- The parish church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Stoke Holy Cross Mill
- Description and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Stoke Holy Cross is in Henstead hundred.
- Ranson, Michael
- Stoke Holy Cross, a history.
- Smith, Arthur Carlton
- Tapestry of Stoke.
[Norwich, Printed by W.H. Hutchins & Sons, 1977]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- See Arminghall
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Henstead Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
1901: Including Upper Stoke.
- Stoke Holy Cross School
- Gleanings from the log book, 1876-1976.
[Stoke Holy Cross, The School, 1976]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.