See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Snetterton is about 11 miles N.W. of Diss.
See also Snettisham.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Rockland, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Snetterton was in
Wayland Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Snetterton is in Shropham Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Shropham Hundred
- Description of Shropham Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Davison, Alan J.
- Some aspects of the agrarian history of Hargham and Snetterton as
revealed in The Buxton MSS.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society,
in "Norfolk Archaeology" vol.35, 1973]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
- Doherty, Robert
- Snetterton Falcons, The 96th Bomb Group in World War II.
[Taylor Pub. Co., 1989]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.