Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Scottow

Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk 1850

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

SCOTTOW, a village 9 miles N. of Norwich, 5 miles S. of North Walsham, and 2½ miles W. of Worstead. The parish comprises an area of 2104 acres, and the population in 1841 was 539. Post-Office, at John Greenacre Seaman's. Letters delivered at 8.45 a.m. and despatched to Norwich and all parts at 5 p.m.

	Durrant   Sir H.T.E. Bart.
	Balls     Thomas            wheelwright
	Bird      John              shoemaker
	Bird      Mary              grocery dealer
	Bird      Robert            'Horse Shoes'
	Christmas William           butcher
	Futter    John              bricklayer
	Goose     John              grocer and draper
	Harboard  John              tailor
	Hunt      Thomas            grocer and miller
	Jacobs    Jacob             shoemaker
	Jacobs    Richard           shoemaker
	Kemp      John              shoemaker
	Lubbock   Rev. John, M.A.
	Palgrave  William           keeper to Sir H. Durrant
	Ross      Robert            gardener
	Ross      Thos.             bailiff to Sir H. Durrant
	Seagoe    Stephen           blacksmith
	Seaman    John              shoemaker
	Vincent   Benjamin          joiner

	                  Farmers.

	Betts     John (and         Harboard  Robert
	            maltster)       Knights   Thomas
	Bird      Robert            Rayner    William
	Breese    Stephen           Smith     John
	Colk      John              Stockings Rhoda
POST-CART, to Norwich, and North Walsham, daily.

See also the Scottow parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
August 2014