Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Scarning

Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

SCARNING, a village 19½ miles W. by N. of Norwich, and 3½ miles W. by S. of East Dereham. The parish comprises 3873 acres, and contained, in 1841, 613 inhabitants; its present residents are:-

	Carson     Rev. Thomas
	Cross      Geo.             carpenter & beer retailer
	Girling    Rev. William
	Greengrass George           grocery dealer
	Haines     James            beer retailer
	Riches     Rt.              master of Free school
	Tuck       Susan            'Black Horse'
	Tuck       William          wheelwright and blacksmith

	                   Farmers.

	Allison    Robert           Riches    Jesse
	Bayes      May              Riches    Thomas
	Cordy      Mary             Rosier    Samuel
	Cordy      William          Rumble    William
	Dunthorn   Edward           Sharman   Peter John
	Fuller     James            Taylor    Robert
	Fuller     Robert           Vassar    William
	Godwin     John             Warner    James
	Hastings   John             Wilson    William
	Mann       John             Youngs    John
	Mason      John             Youngs    Thomas
	Neale      James


See also the Scarning parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
September 2008