Norfolk: Saxlingham Thorpe
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Saxlingham Thorpe is about 7 miles S. of Norwich.
See also Saxlingham Nethergate
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Brooke, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Mary. It was in ruins before 1740.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Mary
- Description and pictures of the ruins.
- Heywood, Stephen and Ayton, John
- Three Ruined Churches: St Margaret, Bayfield; St Mary Magdalen,
Saxlingham Thorpe; and All Saints, Oxwick.
[Norwich, Norfolk Archaeological and Historical Research Group,
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
They are not included in Phillimore's Marriage Registers.
- Norfolk and Norwich Genealogical Society
- The Parish Registers of Norfolk: Saxlingham Thorpe Particular
Baptist: Births and Registrations, 1793-1837.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Genealogical Society, 1989]
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Saxlingham Thorpe
Henstead Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Saxlingham Thorpe Water Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
- Saxlingham Thorpe Tower Mill
- Description and history.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Saxlingham Thorpe is in Henstead hundred.
- Muir, Mary
- A good place to call home: Discovering the history of Saxlingham
Thorpe and Saxlingham Nethergate.
Land and Property
- Kelly, Geoffrey Ian
- Daines Farm, Cobie's Lane, Saxlingham Thorpe: A history based upon
[Typescript in Norwich Local Studies Library, 1998]
- Kelly, Geoffrey Ian
- Foxhole Farm, Saxlingham Thorpe: A history based upon documentary
[Typescript in Norwich Local Studies Library, 1999]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Henstead Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.