RYBURGH PARVA, 3 miles E.S.E. of Fakenham, on the east side of the Wensum, is a parish in Walsingham union and county court district, Gallow hundred and petty sessional division, Fakenham polling district of West Norfolk, Burnham rural deanery, and Norfolk archdeaconry. It had 181 inhabitants in 1881, living on 740 acres, and has a rateable value of £1350.
The soil belongs to F.A. Morse Boycott, Esq., of Sennoweville, Bushey Heath, Herts. Little Clipstone Farm belongs to the Rev. Philip Francis, of Stibbard, by whom it is occupied.
The CHURCH (All Saints) is an ivy-mantled ruin. F.A.M. Boycott, Esq., is impropriator of the tithes. The vicarage, valued in the King's Book at £7 13s. 4d., and augmented with £200 given by the Rev. F. Burton in 1749, and £400 of Queen Anne's Bounty in 1747-50, is consolidated with the rectory of Ryburgh Magna, and at the enclosure in 1808 received 66 acres in lieu of the vicarial tithes.
POST via Dereham. Fakenham is the nearest Money Order Office, and Great Ryburgh nearest Telegraph Office.
Doy George beerhouse Long James farmer Platten John (exors. of) farmer Platten Miss Mary Hill house
Copyright © Pat Newby.