The CHURCH (St. Peter,) has a nave, south aisle, chancel, and a short tower; and in the same enclosure, there was a chapel dedicated to All Saints standing in 1493. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the King's Book at £7. 6s. 8d., and consolidated with the rectory of East Rudham. Lord Charles Townshend is patron, and also impropriator of the rectorial tithes.
Barrett Mrs. Mary Cannell Annison baker & Temp. Hotel Colman Thos. shoemaker & beerhs. Gathercole John joiner Goose Robert carpenter Payne James bricklayer Parsons Edward blacksmith Piggott Michael John watch maker Powell William vict., Duke's Head Riches John & Son tailors & drapers Sharpin Thomas gardener Waller Richard cooper Stringer William carrier to Norwich and Lynn FARMERS. Algar Robert Barnett John Curtis Henry Harper John Rathborn Wm. Tingay Thos. R. Wightman John
See also the West Rudham parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.