See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Roughton is about 4 miles S. of Cromer.
See also Roudham
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- Perkins, John and Perkins, Eileen
Roughton, Norfolk 1841-1881 census index.
- 1891: Surname List
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Repps, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Morland, A.
- A Short Guide to St Mary's Church, Roughton.
[North Walsham, Rounce and Wortley, 1960]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Archdeacons' Transcripts
- Baptisms 1725-1812, Marriages 1725-1812 and
[Parish Register Transcription Society, Dart Series, 2000?]
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Roughton was in
Erpingham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Roughton is in North Erpingham Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for North Erpingham Hundred
- Description of North Erpingham Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- Hayes, Glenda
- St Mary's: The First 300 years: The History of St Mary's Primary
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.