Norfolk: Rockland St Mary
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Rockland St Mary is south east of Norwich. It has no connection with
Rockland All Saints with St Andrew, and Rockland St Peter, which are
adjoining parishes between Watton and Wymondham.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Brooke, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church was dedicated to St Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Rockland St Mary
Henstead Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Rockland St Mary is in Henstead Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Henstead Hundred
- Description of Henstead Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain. Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of claims (49): Claxton and Rockland.
Drawn up in pursuance of the Act of Inclosure, 1808.
- Great Britain: Statute
- Claxton and Rockland Saint Mary Inclosure Act, 1808.
An act for inclosing lands in the parishes of Claxton and
Rockland, in the county of Norfolk: 27th May 1808.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.