Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Ringstead Parva

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

[Transcription copyright Paul Beesley]

RINGSTEAD PARVA, or Barret-Ringstead, is a decayed parish, now comprising only one farm, belonging to H.L.S. Le Strange, Esq., and united with the parish of Hunstanton, from which it is distant 2 miles south.

Its church has been long in ruins, though its rectory, valued in the King's Book at 3 6s. 8d., and in 1831 at 50, is still continued as a senecure, in the patronage of Mr. Le Strange, and incumbency of the Rev. Caleb Elwin.

The farm is occupied by Martin Dodman.


See also the Ringstead Parva parish page.

Copyright Pat Newby.
August 2000