[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
PULHAM ST. MARY THE VIRGIN, a village 16 miles S. of Norwich, and 3 miles N.W. of Harleston. The parish comprises an area of 2998 acres, and the population in 1841 was 924. Post-Office, at the Maid's Head. Letters delivered at 9 a.m. and despatched to Norwich and all parts, via Harleston, at 5 p.m.
Allured John tailor Brown Charles saddler Brown Joshua maltster Brown Misses Mary and Maria Clarke Daniel blacksmith Cooper Ann school for ladies Crisp Robert butcher Green Benjamin 'Maid's Head' Harrison Samuel bricklayer and stone mason Harvey Mrs. Margaret High John Free school King James shoemaker Leigh Rev. William, M.A. Lincoln William carrier Lovelace Thomas blacksmith Miles Charles hair dresser, glover and bird preserver Mills Charles surgeon Mullenger George wheelwright Oakes James tailor Pritty James shoemaker Saunders David grocery dealer Saunders William baker Stammers Joseph miller Stanton Elizabeth miller Thirkettle George grocery dealer Thrower John blacksmith Vipond Jeremiah shoemaker Wake Mr. John Williams Thomas "King's Head" Youell John carpenter Farmers. Bentfield Edward Howe Thomas Bond Thomas Mays William Borrett Michael Nurse John Burgess James Peak Thomas Burgess William Pearce Henry Colby Caleb Poppy David Ebbage John Pratt Simpson Goldsmith Thomas Reeve Henry Gooderham John Reeve John Groom William Whaites John Hipperson Thomas
CARRIER to Norwich, Lincoln, Wed. and Sat. 6 morn.
See also the Pulham St Mary the Virgin parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.