See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Oxnead is about 3 miles S.E. of Aylsham.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Linnell, Charles Lawrence Scruton
- Monumental Inscriptions in the Church of St Michael.
[Monumental Brass Society,
in "Transactions of the Monumental Brass Society", Vol 9, Part 5, 1955]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- Church of St Michael
- Description and pictures.
- Church of St Michael
- Services, etc.
- Crampton, Jehan
- St Michael's Church, Oxnead.
[Oxnead, the Church, 1990s]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Parish Register Transcripts
- Baptisms 1574-1812, Banns 1756-1889, Marriages 1578-1900
and Burials 1573-1809.
[Parish Register Transcription Society, Dart Series, 2000?]
- Archdeacons' Transcripts or Bishop's Transcripts
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Oxnead was in
Aylsham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Oxnead Water Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Oxnead is in South Erpingham hundred.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Aylsham Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
- See Norfolk People and Families
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- After 1834 Oxnead became part of the
and the workhouses were at
These were replaced by a new workhouse at
Aylsham in 1849.
- Buxton and other parishes poor relief and employment act, 1806.
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
|1801|| 5|| 6||54|
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.