See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Overstrand is about 2 miles E.S.E. of Cromer.
See also Sidestrand.
Poppyland is the area around Overstrand and Sidestrand.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- The Monumental Inscriptions in the Hundred of North Erpingham (Walter Rye).
- The parishes covered include Overstrand.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Repps, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The dedication of the parish church is Christ Church.
There was previously a church dedicated to St Martin.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- No author
- St Martin's Church, Overstrand.
[London, Home Words, 1975]
- Methodist Church
- Minister, services, picture, etc.
Follow the link to the home page, then search for the church.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Archdeacons' Transcripts
- Baptisms 1725-1812, Marriages 1726-1811 and
[Parish Register Transcription Society, Dart Series, 2000?]
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Overstrand was in
Erpingham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Overstrand Parish Council
- Councillors, meetings, minutes, etc.
- This is the area around Overstrand and Sidestrand.
- Battersea, Lady Constance
- Reminiscences (of Overstrand and the Rothschild family).
[London, Macmillan, 1923]
- Knights, Mark
- The illustrated guide to Cromer and neighbourhood:
including Runton, Sherringham, Overstrand, Sidestrand,
Mundesley, Northrepps, Bacton, Bromholm, and the Broads;
revised to the present time by Mark Knights.
[London, Jarrold, 1880s]
- Rothery, Constance
- The Poppyland Flyer: the story of the railway line from
Cromer to North Walsham, 1906-1953: calling at: Cromer
Links - Overstrand - Sidestrand Halt -Trimmingham and
Paston and Knapton - Mundesley.
- Stibbons, Peter; and Cleveland, David
- Poppyland: Strands of Norfolk History.
[ISBN 0946148171, Poppyland Publishing, 1985]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Overstrand is in North Erpingham Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for North Erpingham Hundred
- Description of North Erpingham Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- Anderson, Verily
- Let's have a school. Overstrand Belfry School, 1830-1980.
[Overstrand Belfry School, 1980]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.