Norfolk: Ormesby St Michael
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Ormesby St Michael is about 5 miles N.N.W. of Great Yarmouth.
It is also called Little Ormesby.
See also Ormesby St Margaret.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Churchyard of the Church of St Michael
- Transcriptions of gravestones.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Flegg, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Michael.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Ormesby St Michael Marriages 1591-1837
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 7.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1923 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Ormesby St Michael
Flegg Registration District.
Between 1837 and 1850, the district was called East and West Flegg.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Ormesby St Michael is in East Flegg Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for East Flegg and West Flegg Hundreds
- Description of East Flegg and West Flegg Hundreds
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- See Ormesby St Margaret.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.