Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Norton Subcourse

Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

NORTON-SUBCOURSE, a village 12 miles S.E. of Norwich, and 3 miles E. of Loddon. The parish comprises 1849 acres, and contained in 1841, 356 inhabitants; its present residents are:-

	Andrews   John             blacksmith
	Chalker   Charles          grocery dealer
	Denny     Miss B.
	Denny     Mr. Lee Grice
	Evans     William          wheelwright
	Harrison  James            'Swan'
	Napp      Thornton         nurseryman
	Nursey    Robert           shoemaker
	Patrick   Robert           tailor
	Reynolds  Thomas           wheelwright
	Shardalow James            grocery dealer
	Shephard  Stephen          'Cockatrice'
	Taylor    Jabez & Robert   butchers
	Wall      Rev. James       vicarage
	Warnes    William          gardener
	Wigg      Samuel           parish clerk
	Yallop    John             grocery dealer

	   Farmers.

	Hall      John
	Hayward   Nelson
	Mace      Samuel
	Nursey    Daniel
	Read      Robert
	Scarlett  James
	Shardalow William
	Wigg      James            (and wherry owner)
	Woods     John


See also the Norton Subcourse parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
May 2010