See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Northwold is about 12 miles N.W. of Thetford.
See also Whittington, which was
part of Northwold until 1874.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Cranwich, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Andrew.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Andrew
- Services, description, history, pictures, etc.
- Cotton, Simon and Tricker, Roy
- St Andrew's Church, Northwold.
[Holt, Norfolk Churches Trust, 1980s]
- Norris, Dr J.A.
- St Andrew, Northwold: Church History and Guide.
[Printed edition, 2003]
[Web edition, 2007]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
- Archdeacon's Transcripts or Bishop's Transcripts
- Millican, Percy
- Northwold Churchwardens' Accounts, 1626-1795.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society,
in "Norfolk Archaeology" vol 28, 1945]
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Northwold was in
Thetford Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Northwold and Whittington Village Life Magazine
- Issues of the magazine.
- Northwold Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Northwold is in Grimshoe Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Grimshoe Hundred
- Description of Grimshoe Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- 1814: Subscription and Dinner
- To Celebrate Peace between England and France, with names
of the subscribers.
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Northwold Inclosure Act, 1796.
An act for dividing, allotting, and inclosing the common fields,
whole year lands, half year lands, commons, fen grounds, and waste
lands, within the parish of Northwold, in the county of Norfolk.
- See Stoke Ferry
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.