NORTHREPPS, a village 21 miles N. of Norwich, and 3 miles S.E. of Cromer. The parish comprises 2731 acres, and contained in 1841, 603 inhabitants; its present residents are:-
Buxton Dowager Lady Hannah the Hall [see note below] Buxton Sir E.N. Bart. the Hall [see note below] Craske John bricklayer Curties Charles tailor Foulger William carrier Gurney Miss Anna the Cottage Hill Robert baker Hooker James gardener to Lady Buxton Hutson William & Son agricultural implement makers, blacksmiths, engineers, & iron & brass founders Law Rev. Patrick Comerford, B.A. (rector and rural dean) Platten Elizabeth school for children Playford Mr. James Storey Edward shoemaker Storey Susan grocery dealer Storey William beer retailer and shoemaker Sulman William parish clerk Summers Edmund builder and wheelwright Summers Robert carrier and beer retailer Underwood Joseph grocery dealer Wiseman John carrier Farmers. Beckett Joseph Emery George Bidwell J. Emery James Callow Louisa Farrow James Cross John (and Goulden John butcher) Nichols John Curties John Turner Samuel Curties Robert Curties ThomasCARRIERS to Norwich, Summers, Fri. 9 morn. To Yarmouth, Foulger; also Wiseman, Tues. & Fri. at 6 morn.
Copyright © Pat Newby.