See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Necton is about 4 miles E. of Swaffham.
It is also known as Neeton and Neighton.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Mid-Norfolk Family History Society
- All Saints' Church, Necton: Memorial Inscriptions, with plan
of church and churchyard, and index.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- Church of All Saints
- Description and pictures.
- Church of All Saints
- Description, services, history, pictures, etc.
- Ray, D.J.
- All Saints' Church, Necton.
[Necton, The Church, 1970s]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Parish Registers
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
- Rectors and Vicars
- 16th-19th centuries.
- Payments for Marriages and Funerals
- Table of Fees.
- Birch, Charles George Roberts
- On certain brasses at Necton and Great Cressingham.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society,
in "Norfolk Archaeology", vol.12, 1895]
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Necton was in
Swaffham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Necton Archives
- Church, list of rectors, pictures, school, etc.
- Bull, Marion
- Sketches of Necton.
[Shipdham Press, 2005]
- Nichols, Mary
- Mother of Necton, a century of Norfolk life.
(Village life in 19th and 20th centuries; Eliza Ong, village nurse
[ISBN 1859832172, Breedon, 2000]
- Necton Tower Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Necton is in South Greenhoe hundred.
- Carthew, George Alfred
- A history, topographical, archaeological, genealogical, and
biographical, of the parishes of West and East Bradenham, with
those of Necton and Holme Hale, in the county of Norfolk, from
the Public Records, Court Rolls, Wills, Parish Registers, and
[Norwich, Agas H. Goose, 1883]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Necton Hall
- Pictures of the hall.
- Great Britain: Statute
- Necton Inclosure Act, 1815.
An act for inclosing lands in the parish of Necton, otherwise
Neighton, in the county of Norfolk.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Swaffham Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
|1801|| 90||143|| 663|
|1841||197|| --|| 991|
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
- 1901 Census
- "Including Ivy Todd."
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.