For more information about this parish see
Norfolk Parish Links.
Search for more references to this parish - See
Contents & Search above.
Modern and Historical Maps of this Parish.
Mundham is about 9 miles S.E. of Norwich.
See also Mendham
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Brooke, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Peter.
There was also a church dedicated to St Ethelbert.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Peter
- Description and pictures.
- Church of St Peter
- Services, etc.
- Church of St Ethelbert
- Description and pictures of the ruins.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
They are not included in Phillimore's Marriage Registers.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Mundham was in
Loddon and Clavering Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Mundham Post Mill
- Description, history and picture.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Mundham is in Loddon hundred.
- Chandler, Rev William Burgess Hunt; and Balls, Thomas Fisher
- Notes on the Parish of Mundham, Norfolk.
Land and Property
- Great Britain. Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of Claims (82): Seething, Kirstead, Mundham and
Drawn up in pursuance of the Act of Inclosure, 1813.
- Great Britain: Statute
- Seething and other parishes Inclosure Act, 1813.
An act for inclosing lands within the parishes of Seething,
Kirstead, Mundham, and Sisland, in the county of Norfolk:
15 April 1813.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Loddon and Clavering Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.