See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Mundesley is about 10 miles N.E. of Aylsham.
The name is pronounced as Munsley.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Repps, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Reading, Eric
- All Saints Parish Church, Mundesley: a history and guide.
[Southrepps, Trunch Team Office, 1999]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Mundesley Marriages 1724-1812
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 3.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Mundesley was in
Erpingham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- (no author)
- Beautiful Breezy Mundesley: 30 of the latest views.
[Mundesley, Norton T. Wakelin, 1914?]
- Anderson, Arthur Henry
- Mundesley, Norfolk: an appreciation of a quiet Norfolk health
resort and a practical guide to its most interesting features,
with a plan of the town, and illustrated by photographs.
[London, The Homeland Association for the Encouragement of
Touring in Great Britain, The Homeland Handy Guides, number 13,
Frederick Warne and Co., c1910]
- Knights, Mark
- The illustrated guide to Cromer and neighbourhood:
including Runton, Sherringham, Overstrand, Sidestrand,
Mundesley, Northrepps, Bacton, Bromholm, and the Broads;
revised to the present time by Mark Knights.
[London, Jarrold, 1889?]
- Reading, Eric
- A Mundesley Album.
(Mundesley up to 1920, with illustrations).
[ISBN 0946148104, North Walsham: Poppyland, 1985]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
- Mundesley, Norfolk: official guide
- [Mundesley Publicity Association, 1938?]
- Mundesley-on-Sea, Norfolk: official guide
- [Mundesley Publicity Association, 1970?]
Mundesley is in North Erpingham Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for North Erpingham Hundred
- Description of North Erpingham Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Fisher, Brian
- Mundesley Past and Present.
[Mundesley, Typescript in Norwich Local Studies Library, 1976]
- Goodwyn, Edwin Alvis
- Mundesley past.
- Hoare, Christobel
- A short history of the Parish of Mundesley, in the County of
[Bedford, Bedfordshire Times Publishing, 1914]
- Rothery, Constance
- The Poppyland Flyer: the story of the railway line from
Cromer to North Walsham, 1906-1953: calling at: Cromer
Links - Overstrand - Sidestrand Halt -Trimmingham and
Paston and Knapton - Mundesley.
[Trimmingham, Norfolk, C. Rothery, 1984]
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.